Backing up your data online pretty much works like when you backup your data the traditional way (ex. using an external hard drive or USB flash disk). However, when you backup your data online, your digital files are transmitted over the World Wide Web and safely stored on a server in a data center. Online data backup provides a variety of advantages, particularly for enterprise storage.
Listed below are some of the major benefits you’ll get when you backup your data with Vogla.
- Convenience and accessibility – When you backup data online, you never have to bring your external hard drives and flash disks with you all the time. Because your data are online, you can conveniently access them through the internet wherever you are and whenever you want. Accessibility isn’t even exclusive to your personal computer or laptop. As long as there’s an internet connection, you’ll be able to access your file on any device such as a smartphone or a tablet.
- Protection against physical destruction – Because your data are stored over the internet, you don’t have to worry anymore about the physical backup (USB, micro SD, external hard drive) being destroyed. So in case of fire accidents, water mishap or theft, your data and files are still protected. The protection also applies in the event that the external hard drive stops working or malfunctions. This event isn’t unheard of. In fact, it’s one of the reasons why a lot of people are acquiring help from a cloud storage provider.
- Defense against OS failure – Physical destruction isn’t the only way to your online files can be compromised. Sometimes when your device’s Operating System fails and the data stored in your computer or laptop can be corrupted. To avoid this, data online backup is the way to go. Even if your OS accidentally crashes, you’ll still be at peace knowing your data are safe and secured somewhere in the cloud.
- Easy sharing – Because your data are stored online, sharing files with your loved ones or colleagues becomes hassle-free. Unlike when you share your files via an external hard drive or send your digital media through email, online backup sharing only takes a couple of minutes. Your family or peers don’t have to be nearby to access them. They can be located thousands of miles away from you and still see and download your shared files in a jiffy.
- No need for spoon-feeding – After the initial or complete backup, you don’t have to manually back up your data online. Depending on your time frame preference (backed up all the time or in regular intervals), your online storage will do the storing and managing of your data on its own. You don’t even have to stop using your device when this happens as the backup will be running in the background.
- Cost-effectiveness – If you don’t need to back up too much data, you can easily use online data backup services for free. That means you no longer need to buy external hard and flash drives anymore. And even if you have a ton of data to backup online, generally, when you compare the cost of physical storage to online storage, the latter is still more economical.
What other benefits do you get when you backup your data online? Please write your comment below.